How can we get more results and be more productive when we face business obstacles? In this week’s episode, we discuss 3 psychology-driven concepts that will help us to be more productive – putting on the right mindset, taking the time to build expertise, and developing accountability.
Outline of This Episode:
- [0:30] Introduction – The psychology piece of being a productive entrepreneur.
- [3:11] Mindset and Locus of Control – Internal vs. External motivation [Mindset by Carol Dweck]
- [3:50] Internal Locus of Control says “I should’ve studied harder”.
- [4:35] External Locus of Control says “The teacher hates me”.
- [5:40] Craig – How has mindset influenced success – not using the eraser.
- [8:05] Going from “e” to “p” [The One Thing by Gary Keller]
- [10:30] As entrepreneurs, we have constant disappointments – if we don’t that means we have no growth.
- [12:15] The “OK Plateau”.
- [14:20] Putting in the time to build expertise – natural talent vs. practice.
- [15:48] Craig’s experience offering to teach art, but many not willing to put in the time.
- [17:45] Time on a task over time will beat natural ability everytime.
- [18:50] Michael Jordan and Michelangelo – spent countless hours building their skill.
- [20:19] Natural ability can often be a crutch to developing expertise.
- [21:35] Developing accountability – setting goals and finding others to push you and hold you accountable. 39.5% of people who write their goals accomplish them, while 76.7% who shared their progress with someone else accomplished them.
- [26:00] When you need to get a business coach.
- [27:30] Benefits of having accountability partners that have a diverse mindset – turn the picture upside down.
- [25:30] Free Video Training at Hollywood Scenic
- [25:30] Subscribe on iTunes