Coleen talks about her journey from full-time J-O-B to freelancer to entrepreneur. Learn how an experience at a young age shaped her personality and career choices as well as her “measure twice, cut once” approach to business.
Outline of This Episode:
- [0:15] Introduction – Time to learn about Coleen’s journey.
- [1:25] Coleen’s 7-yr old Math experience.
- [5:50] Fear of failure.
- [7:05] The importance of research – the tailor’s creed [HigherEdJobs.com and FlexJobs.com].
- [10:22] 9 to 5 escape artist – budgeting and paying for health insurance.
- [11:45] Risks of entrepreneurship – client inconsistency, feast or famine.
- [14:34] Trial and error plus evaluation.
- [16:15] Importance of networking with other entrepreneurs.
- [18:55] Meeting business professionals on LinkedIn.
- [19:22] 2017 Goals – Find experts and help them create information products.
- [21:20] Planning out your year.
- [22:00] What are your plans?