Some people argue that in this day and age where you can promote your business through free social media channels, that it’s not really necessary to have a website. We discuss why websites are absolutely still necessary. What do you think?
Outline of This Episode:
- [0:30] Introduction – Is social media all that you need? Why are websites still valuable?
- [3:20] Having full control over your brand.
- [5:15] Direct access to your customers – value of email addresses.
- [7:25] Important email statistics. [70 Email Marketing Stats ]
- [14:40] Distractions of social media.
- [15:55] Getting people to stay on your website with videos.
- [18:15] Keeping your website up-to-date – benefits of blogging.
- [18:50] Website adds credibility and professionalism.
- [20:25] High traffic website and affiliate marketing. [Share-a-Sale and Commission Junction]
- [25:00] Why Craig uses SquareSpace for his website. [SquareSpace]
- [20:39] Why Coleen uses WordPress for her website. [WordPress.org Web hosting: GoDaddy or FlyWheel (affiliate link) or WP Engine]
- [27:40] Conclusion – Craig’s Website and Coleen’s Website. Please subscribe and rate us on iTunes!